Friday, August 7, 2009

Pictures!

Everyone likes pictures, right?

I thought I would share a few that may be in the book ...

This is Mesteno, whose painting can be seen below:



Here's a couple of horses we suspect are brothers; they were adopted a few years ago by a guy over in the Willamette Valley.



Last fall, I was accompanied by my neighbor and a fellow blogger up onto the Steens to see the South Steens horses. We found the "Hollywood Herd" and they allowed us to mingle amongst them! It was quite an experience and I thought I would share a couple photos from that day as well here ...















And one more, for good measure ... this one was checking out my fellow bloggers daughter, who is just off camera, walking up to them with a camera of her own ...



Now after seeing these photos, how could anyone question what I see in these horses? Our BLM has simply done an outstanding job in the preservation, and improvement, of these herds!

No comments:

Post a Comment