Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Weekend

Not much to report ... things are moving along!

I am reviewing different publishers, trying to find the most "bang for the buck" since I will be self-printing the book. I do have a couple of publishers I can submit the manuscript to, seeing if they are interested in printing it but with the economy in the tank, it's not looking hopeful. Most publishers won't go out on a limb for an unknown author publishing a non-fiction piece of work, sad to say!

If you know of a publisher I should look at, please let me know! I am looking at Whitehall right now as they have very nice, quality, full color, soft cover, "perfect bind" books and are fairly reasonably priced.

The air is feeling like fall, even if it is still August. I'm taking advantage of the cooler weather in the mornings and evenings to work on my book and such and taking advantage of the nicer weather in the day to try to ride!

The Burns BLM is currently gathering the Murderer's Creek horses. Let's hope for a safe gather and no orphans that I will need to add to the "Orphanage" section of the book!

This fall it looks like the South Steens herd will be gathered. With any luck, Michelle and I would like to attend this gather and maybe get some last minute photos, and maybe some art, for the book before it's printed!

1 comment:

  1. FYI~They're gathering a few this week out of the Big Summit herd too. So far they've captured 2 studs, 1 mare and a filly. It's also been reported that a mustang that had been named Tiny Tim (age 3 yr old) was euthanized because of a severely broken leg involving two joints and he was VERY thin. I don't have confirmation from Gayle yet, but I think this injury happened prior to the gather.

    ReplyDelete