Thursday, October 22, 2009

A work in progress

Ah, Michelle sent me a photo of the Coyote Lakes painting she is doing.

It's about 75% done. She had to get all the background pieces and colors and shadows in first, then will add the snow. It is snowing on the painting now as I type!

So I thought I would show you what it looks like ... so far ...




Isn't that cool? The chestnut gelding in the middle with the star and the snip is Dusty, the gelding we adopted from that gather (and who is in the original photo) and the black mare and foal out front is Ranger and his dam. Ranger was adopted by my friend Karen and their story is in the book.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the finished product! The painting, and the scans for the Christmas cards, should be done in about a week and the Christmas cards will be ready in about 2 weeks! YAY!

And no, I still don't know yet what the cards will sell for but it will be reasonable and there will be a break for quantity buying! So check back here and on the web site and on Facebook for updates!
Oh yeah ... I'm Facebooking now ... and twittering ... and I think all the Facebooking and twittering and blogging are connected ...

No comments:

Post a Comment